Two 60 minute studies + sprinkles.
Another sketchbook page from 2012. Had some markers & graphite on deck, with nothing in mind and these were the result.
A little something from 2012, This was done to test out some acrylic based inks I had purchased at the time (which were really good). Got a little carried away and somehow ended up doing an older, bizarro version of myself.
A little kick-boxer from the sketchbook.
Couple of suits done in ballpoint. Guy on the left seems like he’s been through some shit.
Following each drawing session with my friends, we decide on a weekly art assignment for us to fully complete by the next session. This past week’s was based around human expression or emotion.
I decided to choose ‘triumph’ (or victorious). Which to me can sort of be considered an extreme expression in some cases, involving a lot of body language as well. My main motivation for this choice was since I usually don’t do these type of expressions.
Took a scrapped ink & acrylic painting from last year, and tweaked it digitally.
Going through my hard drive I came across a set of charcoal figure studies done in 2012. When I originally scanned these I cleaned them up rather well, but these dirtier raw versions compliment the drawings so much more.
Back to the perpetual grind!
5-8 min face studies from the last drawing session with my friends. If I’ve done a decent job, you ought to be able to spot some recognizable mugs in there.
A round up quick figure drawings & doodles from this past April. Since starting the drawing sessions with my friends, I’ve been steadily going through most of my paper (in the best possible way of course.)
These days I don’t like spending too much time on a sketch. Really different compared to my approach between 2007-2010, and even more of a contrast to my detailed oriented painting process. A lot of that is attributed to the fact that I prefer drawing with a ball point pen.
More mind drifting. Some of these pages were done on really thin drafting paper, which ended up being a bit of a pain adjusting the values of the scans.
Just another drawing from the sketchbook. Pretty mediocre effort, but I think his cloak came out pretty good.
Mainly exploring with no intention or preparation, well outside of wanting to draw some fur. Though In hindsight I should’ve at least given some consideration to a decent composition.
Still world building for this project. A drawing of him I did around the same time as "Shed Red" but figure I’d add some colors just for kicks. Been a while since I did the colored line-art approach.
All the sketches & drafts for the cyborg bank robber character from CDE1. Even though I managed to pin down the general design, specific details and color schemes were worked out in the process of the final render.
I finally have the means to scan all the sketchbook & hand drawn work I haven’t before. So this blog should be a lot more active from now on.